Taking care of a new tattoo is an important part of the tattooing process and is necessary for keeping the tattoo looking its best for a long time. Taking proper care of your tattoo will also help to ensure that it heals properly and that you don’t experience any complications as a result of the tattooing process. Here are some steps to help you take care of your tattoo properly.
1. Keep your tattoo clean. To do this, you should gently cleanse your tattoo with a mild soap and warm water twice a day. Make sure to use a gentle soap that is fragrance-free and won’t irritate the skin.
2. Apply a thin layer of ointment. Using an ointment such as A&D cream, or a specialized tattoo aftercare product, can help to keep your tattoo moisturized and help it to heal properly.
3. Avoid direct sunlight. Sunlight can cause fading and discoloration of your tattoo, so it’s important to keep it out of direct sunlight for the first few weeks after it’s been done.
4. Avoid swimming or soaking your tattoo. For the first few weeks, it’s best to avoid swimming and soaking your tattoo, as this can cause infection or irritation.
5. Wear loose fitting clothing. Wearing loose clothing can help to prevent friction on your tattoo and keep it from being rubbed or irritated.
By following these steps, you can help ensure that your new tattoo stays looking great for as long as possible. Taking proper care of your tattoo will also help to ensure that it heals properly and that you don’t experience any complications as a result of the tattooing process.