Introducing a new tattoo can be a thrilling experience, but to ensure that it heals properly, you must take care of it while it is still healing. Taking a shower with a new tattoo can be a bit tricky but if done properly, it can help keep your tattoo looking great. This guide will provide you with the steps to take a shower with a new tattoo safely.
1. Prepare the area. Before you take a shower, make sure you have the proper supplies to clean and protect the area around your tattoo. This includes a mild, fragrance-free soap, warm water, a clean washcloth or paper towel, and a healing ointment.
2. Wash your hands. Before touching your tattoo, make sure to wash your hands with warm water and soap to prevent infection.
3. Gently wash your tattoo. Use the washcloth or paper towel to gently wash the area around your tattoo with the mild, fragrance-free soap and warm water. Do not scrub or use harsh abrasives as this can cause irritation and damage to the area.
4. Rinse your tattoo. Use clean, warm water to rinse off the soap. Do not use hot water as this can cause irritation.
5. Pat your tattoo dry. Pat the area dry with a clean, dry washcloth or paper towel. Do not scrub or rub the area as this can damage the tattoo.
6. Apply a healing ointment. After your tattoo has been dried, apply a thin layer of a healing ointment. This helps to keep the area moisturized and can help the healing process.
7. Put on a bandage. If instructed by your tattoo artist, put a bandage over the area to protect it.
By following these simple steps, you can keep your new tattoo looking great while it is healing. Make sure to follow your tattoo artist’s instructions to ensure that your tattoo heals properly.