Getting a new tattoo is an exciting experience. After you have finished the process of getting your new tattoo, you may be wondering how long you should wait before you can jump in the pool or hot tub. Taking proper care of your new tattoo is important, so it is best to follow the instructions of your tattoo artist and wait the recommended amount of time before swimming.
1. Listen to the instructions of your tattoo artist: Your tattoo artist will provide you with detailed instructions on how to take care of your new tattoo. This will include information on how long to wait before swimming. It is important to follow the instructions of your tattoo artist, as they have experience in this area and know what is best for your tattoo.
2. Wait at least two weeks: Generally, it is recommended to wait at least two weeks before swimming after getting a new tattoo. This is because the fresh tattoo needs time to heal and it is best to keep it out of contact with water for this period of time.
3. Use a waterproof bandage: If you do decide to swim before the two week mark, it is a good idea to cover your tattoo with a waterproof bandage. This will protect your tattoo from the chemicals in the pool and keep it safe from bacteria.
4. Use a quality aftercare lotion: After swimming, make sure to apply a quality aftercare lotion to your tattoo. This will help to keep your tattoo moisturized and will help it to heal more quickly.
5. See your doctor if you experience any irritation: If you experience any redness, itching, or burning after swimming, it is best to contact your doctor to make sure that your tattoo is healing properly.