Getting a small tattoo can be an exciting experience, but it’s important to know how long it will take to heal. It’s important to follow the proper aftercare instructions in order to ensure that your tattoo heals properly and looks good for years to come. Here is a guide to help you understand the healing process for small tattoos.
1. After getting your small tattoo, keep it covered for the first 24 hours. This will help protect it from bacteria and other germs that can cause infection.
2. After 24 hours, you can uncover your tattoo and start washing it with a mild, unscented soap. Gently dab the area with a clean cloth and pat it dry.
3. Apply a thin layer of fragrance-free lotion or ointment to the tattoo twice a day. This will help keep it moisturized and prevent it from scabbing over.
4. Avoid submerging your tattoo in water for the first two weeks. This includes swimming, hot tubs, and even baths.
5. Avoid direct sunlight for the first two weeks of healing. This will help prevent fading and discoloration.
6. Most small tattoos will heal completely within two to four weeks. If you notice any signs of infection, such as redness, swelling, or oozing, contact your doctor or dermatologist immediately.
By following these steps, you can help ensure that your small tattoo heals properly and looks great for years to come.