Having a tattoo is a great way to express yourself and your individuality, but it does come with a certain amount of responsibility. Caring for a tattoo properly is essential for ensuring that it looks great for years to come. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you properly care for your tattoo.
1. After getting a tattoo, leave the bandage on for at least two hours. This will help to protect the tattoo from infection.
2. After two hours, remove the bandage and gently wash the area with warm, soapy water.
3. Pat the tattoo dry with a clean, soft cloth. Do not rub or scrub the area.
4. Apply a thin layer of a fragrance-free, ointment or lotion to the tattoo. This will help keep it moisturized and will also help reduce itching and irritation.
5. Avoid submerging the tattoo in water or exposing it to direct sunlight for at least two weeks.
6. Keep the tattoo clean and moisturized for the first few weeks. After that, you can switch to a fragrance-free, mild soap and moisturizer.
7. Make sure to protect your tattoo from sun exposure. You can do this by wearing clothing that covers the tattoo and using sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30.
Following these steps will help you keep your tattoo looking great for years to come.